Preparation and handling fee
At Balkwell Motor Company we strive to deliver not only the best value for money but also a comprehensive after sales experience.
Although our Preparation & Handling Support caters for such a huge part of your new car journey, below we have outlined some of the key areas this Support helps make the process as smooth as possible.
- Inclusive Warranty - single car we sell is supplied with a 12 months Comprehensive parts and labour warranty. Check out further details on our dedicated Warranty page.
- Discounted Extended Warranties - Each of our customers qualify to extend their warranty at a price discounted by around 50% compared to our competitors. Not only do we provide our customers with such discount, but we will also process all the relevant paperwork to extend or renew a warranty policy.
- MOT & Service - Every car we sell is supplied with 12 months MOT and is serviced ready to go - regardless of when its next MOT or service is due!
- Warranty Claims Handling - The only thing more stressful than having an issue occur with your car, is having to deal with the repair and claims process. That is why as part of our Preparation and Handling Support we take care of everything for you, we will arrange the repairs with our workshop and process your warranty claim directly - we will even underwrite the cost of the repair until the warranty company process payment, meaning you're never out of pocket. Even if you cannot bring the car back to us for repair, we will guide and advise you on the process.
- Courtesy Car - When your vehicle is with us for maintenance or repair, we offer the facility of a no charge courtesy car to help keep you moving.
- Handover Valet - Even though all of our cars are thoroughly valeted prior to going on sale, there is always the chance they've picked up a few grubby marks whilst sitting on our forecourt. For this reason every car we sell goes through our valet process again to ensure its at its sparkling best on handover day!
- Floor Mats - there is nothing like a new set of floor mats to set off the interior of your new car, so for that reason we supply a set of universal mats to every car we sell. If you feel like pushing the boat out and going for a set of tailored fit Premium mats we can offer these to all our customers at a 50% discount.
- Drive away fuel - We make sure our customers never have to rush straight from their collection to put fuel in their new car by topping up whatever fuel is already in the tank to give a range of around 100 miles - giving you plenty of time to get used to the car before you need to worry about visiting a Fuel Station.
- Change of Ownership/ Road tax - The process to change the V5 details for your new car (and part exchange) can often be a tricky one, as well as getting your new car taxed ready to drive away. As part of the Preparation & Handling Service we ensure that the DVLA have received the relevant documentation to process you as the owner of your new car and that they remove you as the current owner of your part exchange, if you have one. We also ensure that everything is done to make sure the car is taxed ready to drive away, whether this is processed online, via the post office or directly with DVLA in Swansea. This means once you make the decision to buy a car from us, the only thing you have to do is change over your insurance.
- We will even arrange your finance - We work closely with all of the major finance companies to ensure that we can offer you the best rates and terms to finance your next car. We also take the time to get the finance agreement set up, signed and paid out as quickly and conveniently as possible as part of our Preparation & Handling Support. This service also includes settling any finance you may have outstanding on your part exchange. We also accept payment via third party payment and finance companies and our Preparation & Handling Support lets us cover any time spent processing documentation for this, as well as allowing us to cater for the delay between you collecting your new car and payment being received from the third party payer.